TO ALL ADMIRALTY QUARTER RESIDENTS
IMPORTANT FIRE STRATEGY UPDATE (October 2018)
THE FIRE STRATEGY HAS CHANGED BACK TO A STAY PUT POLICY, AND A
COPY OF THE FIRE ACTION NOTICE IS DETAILED BELOW. (A PDF VERSION IS AVAILABLE HERE).
HOWEVER, THE EXTERNAL CLADDING IS CURRENTLY UNDERGOING
TESTING AND COMBINED WITH THE ADDITIONAL FIRE STOPPING WORKS
CURRENTLY STILL BEING CARRIED OUT THROUGHOUT THE REST OF THE
SITE, EXTRA SAFETY MEASURES HAVE BEEN PUT IN PLACE BY EMPLOYING
“WAKING WATCH” NIGHT TIME PATROLS.
THE BUILDING IS DESIGNED TO CONTAIN A FIRE IN THE FLAT WHERE IT
STARTS, MEANING IT IS USUALLY SAFE FOR YOU TO STAY IN YOUR OWN
FLAT BUT PLEASE NOTE, YOU MUST LEAVE IMMEDIATELY IF SMOKE OR
HEAT AFFECTS YOUR FLAT, YOU ARE TOLD TO DO SO BY THE “WAKING
WATCH” WARDENS OR THE FIRE BRIGADE, OR IF YOU HAVE ANY DOUBT.
RESIDENTS NEEDING HELP TO EVACUATE IN AN EMERGENCY,
PLEASE NOTIFY THE MANAGING AGENT IMMEDIATELY ON 01344
823650 OR email@example.com
05 October2018 (Phone number updated 03 June 2019)
|FIRE ACTION NOTICE|
|If a fire breaks out in your apartment:
1. Leave the room where the fire is straight away and close the door.
2. Tell everyone in your home, get them to leave and close the front door
of your flat behind you.
3. Do not stay behind to try and put the fire out.
4. Call the Fire Service – dial 999.
5. Wait outside away from the building.
If you see or hear of a fire in another part of the building:
The building is designed to contain a fire in the flat where it starts, which means it will usually be safe for you to stay in your own flat if the fire is elsewhere.
However, you must leave immediately if smoke or heat affects your flat or if you are told to do so by the Fire Service.
1. If you are in any doubt, get out.
2. Call the Fire Service – dial 999.
3. When the operator answers, give your telephone number and ask for
4. When the Fire Service reply, give the address where the fire is.
5. Do not end the call until the Fire Service has repeated the address
|WE REMIND ALL RESIDENTS TO ENSURE THAT THEY AND THEIR GUESTS ARE FAMILIAR WITH THEIR MEANS OF ESCAPE|
|DO NOT TAKE RISKS
DO NOT COLLECT PERSONAL BELONGINGS
DO NOT ATTEMPT TO TACKLE THE FIRE
DO NOT USE THE LIFTS